I often have clients want or need to forward all of the email from a secondary email address to their primary email address.
For example, say I want to forward all of my email from (1) JasonIsTheMan@gmail.com to my (2) firstname.lastname@example.org
I would just need to set up a forward with in the Gmail interface for JasonIsTheMan@gmail.com.
This is a pretty simple process once you understand how it works and by the end of this post, you should understand how to make it happen.
- Login to Gmail in your choice of Browser
- Click this right side of screen
- Choose the Forwarding and POP/IMAP Tab
- Click the button to add a forwarding (email) address
- Fill in the new email address, this is the (2) email address in the example above
- Click Next
- Click to Confirm your forwarding address
- You will then get this message: A confirmation code has been sent to verify permission.
- This means that an email was triggered to your (2) email address.
- Here is the email, it’s from the Gmail Team
(1)email has requested to automatically forward mail to your email address (2) email
Confirmation code: XXXXXXX (7 numbers)
To allow (1) emailto automatically forward mail to your address, please click the link below to confirm the request:https://isolated.mail.google.com/mail/vf-32a507619-jason%40jasonhobbsllc.com-XXXXXXXXXXXUtlIG4k6mGNhyY5A
If you click the link and it appears to be broken, please copy and paste it into a new browser window. If you aren’t able to access the link, you can send the confirmation code 1736486 to (1) email.
Thanks for using Gmail!
The Gmail Team
The key here is to click the link in bold
Once you have confirmed control of your email, by clicking the link in the email, you are ready to setup the forward.
Return to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and click the second option, use the first drop down (labeled (2) email address in the image below), to choose the email address you want the email forwarded to and then use the second dropdown to choose how you want to handle the inbox of (1) email.
You have these options for the inbox of (1) email, you are choosing how you want to handle the mail there, keep a copy, archive a copy, or delete the copy:
Once that is done, scroll to the bottom of the tab and click save.
Have questions? Let me know in the comments