Legacy-Defining question for owners of a local business
What’s the difference between a year’s marketing budget that generates regularly increasing profits, vaults you to the top of your industry, and December delivers your staff’s stockings stuffed with BIG-bonuses?
…and one that barely breaks even, or worse?
If you guessed:
…the day arriving wherein you encounter a website, that both POPS and willing sells you cheap information in bulk.
You’d be wrong.
…delegating it to your young family member, because at their age, aren’t they all internet unicorns?
You’d be wrong.
So many internet marketing “experts” parrot old advice or worse: share short-term marketing gimmicks, exposing your brand to risk long-term. Especially bad when you consider your business as part of your legacy.
If you’re tired of the myths surrounding internet marketing, let’s cut to the core of it, let’s document your marketing reality today, paint a clear picture of your vision of where your marketing budget takes you to tomorrow.
We then determine what you need, begin testing to prove what works in marketing your business online, what doesn’t, while making sure you understand how to reproduce each outcome.
You’re tired of reading books and charts trying to understand sales funnels or pipeline philosophy, and instead, you’re ready to take steps to start setting and achieving goals and milestones for you and your business online.
Your experience ultimately determines your success, or lack thereof, when shifting your marketing budget online.
- You know how to acquire customers offline, you’ve been doing it for years.
- Marketing your business online is all new to you. You and your team don’t need to be talked down to; you need someone to start from the beginning and help you understand how to take the wheel of your digital marketing investment confidently.
- Your business is your legacy. Meaning gimmicks, tricks or outrageousness under the guise of “all publicity is good publicity” for your legacy making machine; are out of the question.
So who’s this Jason Hobbs, LLC experience built for?
- You’re the small entrepreneur who is ready to step up your game. The local business owner that doesn’t have a starting point to become visible online and wants to make an online presence. Even with the best marketers, nobody knows your business as you do, and nobody else should ever match your passion for marketing your business either. It’s time for you to take control – but how? You don’t want to reinvent the wheel!
- A busy business owner, without a moment of available time to sift through hours of online material and line up a glaring of expensive resources to find out how to accomplish specific marketing and sales goals that have become routine for you offline but are not nearly so evident in “this new world.” As your search begins, you have an offline business that’s thriving, but you’re ready to take it to the next level.
- Your business needs your focus on what matters for your marketing goal, so someone explaining in detail the real steps you need to take right now feels right to you. You should find someone who can (and more importantly, WILL) help you understand how to do this online stuff… without leaving any steps out or failing you if you get confused or lost and have questions. Someone who will empower you to inspire and build your people’s confidence to profitably market your business online.
- You will finally tire of the confinement to your established offline marketing model and furtively cast your eyes around the web for a practical guide on how to market your local business online to achieve growth. You would LOVE to be walked step-by-step through learning the process of marketing your family business online for legacy, serving your long-term business interest. But you haven’t seen that on any of the digital marketing menus you’ve managed to extract from purported providers of solutions to market your local business online. (Starting from scratch? All the better! Although they’ve never taken a single local business step-by-step online before.) Someone who can describe and explain step-by-step how the apparent randomness of online marketing success can become a humanistic, teachable, and iterative process that YOU (and your team) CAN reproduce. Starting from the first instant of your idea to start marketing your business online’s inception thru your chosen conclusion for your business journey.
- With any consistent personal attention from an experienced marketer, you’ll shortly have the lay of the land and feel in control of your investment into marketing your business online. It’s hard to feel relaxed when you’re stressed, stymied, or confused. With forward momentum, you’ll feel more flexible, nimbler, as if suddenly freed from a hobbling constraint.
Marketing your local business online can quickly become overwhelming, which is exacerbated exponentially by a rising sense of panic when stymied by your inaugural decision.
You should keep marketing simple, as my Gramps told me a time or two, two ears, and one mouth when talking to people. You need to learn from your customers to get more customers. It is so crucial to understanding what’s going on inside the mind of prospects if you want a higher ROI.
Marketing is marketing after all; and whether you mail a sales letter the old fashioned way, email it, or turn it into a landing page, the fundamentals still apply. We’ve never been mindless automatons idiotically dispensing greenbacks every time an advertisement’s assault successfully hijacks our focus!
You and I, expect to be heard, to be respected as an individual, as a living, breathing valued human being in every encounter, whether it’s when we’re sharing our toys with some neighbor kids under Mom’s watchful eye or when we’re a customer paying the latest unicorn our hard earned money.
I believe that the decision to begin investing in marketing a local business online should spark excitement in the business owner, which spreads to the employees, especially where any track-record of employee empowerment exists. …because, at their heart, business, marketing and the internet are people.
Don’t listen to anyone talking like nothing existed before the internet. People run businesses. People build a rapport with a brand. People determine whether they like what you have to offer or not. People tell other people about what you offer, represent, do (or did) packaged with their feelings on the subject. One or two of the answers may differ, but the general strategy should always be the same: people-to-people.
People had their fill with the hype, mass marketing, force-fed selling, and its accompanying falderol long ago. As we approach 2020 and beyond, empowered, consumers are done acquiescing to obstacle courses of hoops as a sacrifice to appease the faceless corporations and their policies and procedures.
If you’re entirely new to online marketing or trying to figure out where you might be going wrong, get your questions answered by Jason now for free.
Here’s how I’d start helping you understand how to market your local business online with aplomb
Digital Foundation V1
- BrightLocal – Local marketing report
- Company GSuite Accounts for each team member
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- Google My Business
- GatherUp – digital reputation management system
V1: Digital Marketing Plan
POV: Planning is from the perspective point-of-view (POV) of your ideal customer and what they’re seeing, feeling, doing, and thinking while paying your business attention
Stage of awareness:
Message to match:
Level of intent:
Plan from the bottom of the marketing funnel up through the middle of the funnel and on into the top of the marketing funnel for each POV.
- Customer email list
- Onboard email sequence
- Sales email sequence
- Educational bait, skyscraper content piece
- Landing page 1 – pitching educational bait piece
- Live chat – during office hours
- Awareness content onsite
- Awareness content offsite
Step by step path for the POV from A (Initial research) to Z (Repeat Customer/Brand Ambassador)
- RightMessage Question 1
- RightMessage Question 2
- RightCTA offer (email address piped into CK)
- A ConvertKit confirmation email message
- CK sales sequence
- Landing Page 1
- Drift Customer Onboard Sequence
Marketing your business online involves directing lots of interconnected moving parts in your pursuit of leads and sales from your online marketing investment. Your cockpit is the latest iteration of my ever-evolving attempt to remove this roadblock once-and-for-all.
I connect the information sources that your business finds consequential with my Databox.com account, and we build the queries
Start your conversation with Jason