Legacy-Defining question for owners of a local business
What’s the difference between a year’s marketing budget that generates regularly increasing profits, vaults you to the top of your industry, and sees you excitedly stuffing your staff’s stockings with big bonuses that December?
…and one that barely breaks even, leaves you shoulder-shrugging when asked what went wrong while stressing you out about finally learning how to market your local business online successfully?
If you guessed:
…the day arriving wherein you encounter a website which POPS and willing to sell you a whole mess of affordably priced information.
You’d be wrong.
…teaching yourself while ceaselessly seeking someone that can teach you how to market your business online, and doing so faithfully for enough years that it manifests itself in appreciation of your effort.
You’d be wrong.
Your experience is what will ultimately determine your success, or lack thereof, from your marketing budget’s shift online.
- You know how to acquire customers offline, you’ve been doing it for years.
- Marketing your business online is all new to you. You and your team don’t need to be talked down to; you need someone to start from the beginning and help you understand how to take the wheel of your digital marketing investment confidently.
- Your business is your legacy. Meaning gimmicks, tricks or outrageousness under the guise of “all publicity is good publicity” for your legacy making machine; are out of the question.
So who’s this Jason Hobbs, LLC experience built for?
- You’re the small entrepreneur who is ready to step up your game. The local business owner that doesn’t have a starting point to become visible online and wants to make an online presence. Even with the best marketers, nobody knows your business as you do, and nobody else should ever match your passion for marketing your business either. It’s time for you to take control – but how? You don’t want to reinvent the wheel!
- A busy business owner, without a moment of available time to sift through hours of online material and line up a glaring of expensive resources to find out how to accomplish specific marketing and sales goals that have become routine for you offline but are not nearly so evident in “this new world.” As your search begins, you have an offline business that’s thriving, but you’re ready to take it to the next level.
- Your business needs your focus on what matters for your marketing goal, so someone explaining in detail the real steps you need to take right now feels right to you. You should find someone who can (and more importantly, WILL) help you understand how to do this online stuff… without leaving any steps out or failing you if you get confused or lost and have questions. Someone who will empower you to inspire and build your people’s confidence to profitably market your business online.
- You will finally tire of the confinement to your established offline marketing model and furtively cast your eyes around the web for a practical guide on how to market your local business online to achieve growth. You would LOVE to be walked step-by-step through learning the process of marketing your family business online for legacy, serving your long-term business interest. But you haven’t seen that on any of the digital marketing menus you’ve managed to extract from purported providers of solutions to market your local business online. (Starting from scratch? All the better! Although they’ve never taken a single local business step-by-step online before.) Someone who can describe and explain step-by-step how the apparent randomness of online marketing success can become a humanistic, teachable, and iterative process that YOU (and your team) CAN reproduce. Starting from the first instant of your idea to start marketing your business online’s inception thru your chosen conclusion for your business journey.
- With any consistent personal attention from an experienced marketer you’ll shortly have the lay of the land and feel in control of your investment into marketing your business online. It’s hard to feel relaxed when you’re stressed, stymied, or confused. With forward momentum, you’ll feel more flexible, nimbler, as if suddenly freed from a hobbling constraint.
Marketing your local business online can naturally be very overwhelming, overwhelm that’s exacerbated exponentially by rising panic at being stymied by deciding your first step(s).
I believe the decision to begin investing in marketing your local business online should inspire excitement in the business owner, which will spread to the employees, especially with any track-record of empowering employee #1 –> …because, at their heart, marketing and the internet are people.
People run businesses. People build a rapport with a brand. People determine whether they like what you have to offer or not. People tell other people about what you offer, represent, do (or did) packaged with their feelings on the subject. One or two of the answers may differ, but the general strategy should always be the same: people-to-people.
People have long been fed up with the hype, mass marketing, force-fed selling, and its accompanying falderol. People increasingly are comfortable with demanding to be seen as a person, not force-fed another crafted corporate tagline. People are done acquiescing to obstacle courses of hoops for the amusement of faceless corporations and their policies and procedures.
I stopped listening long ago to anyone talking as if nothing existed before the internet, if you’re entirely new to online marketing or trying to figure out where you might be going wrong, get your questions answered by Jason now for free.
Marketing is marketing after all; and whether you mail a sales letter the old fashioned way, email it, or turn it into a landing page, the fundamentals still apply.
We’re not mindless automatons idiotically dispensing greenbacks every time we see some advertisement!
You and I, expect to be heard, to be respected as an individual, as a living, breathing valued human being when we’re sharing our toys with some neighbor kids under Mom’s watchful eye or when we’re a paying customer; here’s how I’d start helping you understand how to market your local business online and how to do it with aplomb
Digital Foundation V1
- Domain name
- GSuite account for each employee
- V1: Website (fast loading and secure)
- V1: Digital Marketing Plan
- Trello Board dedicated to organizing your digital marketing investment
Plan from the bottom of the marketing funnel up to the top of the marketing funnel for each POV.
- Customer email list
- Onboard email sequence
- Sales email sequence
- Educational bait, skyscraper content piece
- Landing page 1 – pitching educational bait piece
- Live chat – during office hours
- Awareness content onsite
- Awareness content offsite
Step by step path for the POV from (A= Initial research) A to Z (Z= Repeat Customer/Brand Ambassador)
- RightMessage Question 1
- RightMessage Question 2
- RightCTA offer (email address piped into CK)
- A ConvertKit confirmation email message
- CK sales sequence
- Landing Page 1
- Drift Customer Onboard Sequence
Series of screenshots as V1 of the visual area?
Since 2008 I’ve helped owners of local businesses and some churches to begin marketing online over an initial project and then upon project one completion, I work with business owners monthly.
It begins with a digital marketing strategy, which influences the businesses’ conversation with customers for conversion while using campaigns to address the digital foundation as needed as well as for any combo of awareness/branding/retargeting for conversion, and databoards for managing your digital investment while empowering your decision making and your team over time.