Add Mailchimp Email List Signup
- Setup a Free MailChimp Account
- Install the Free Genesis eNews Extended Plugin
- Add the Email List Signup to your website
1. Lets Setup Our MailChimp Account
1.1 MailChimp | Signup
- Enter your email address you want associated with this MailChimp Account
- Choose your username for this MailChimp account
- Create your password
- Click the Create My Account button
1.5 Your Account Information for MailChimp
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address you signed up with
- How many people in your organization?
- How old is your organization?
- Have a list of emails to import as the starting point of your email list?
- Is this account for you or your client?
- Company Name
- Company Website
- Company Address Street Address
- Your industry
- Your Timezone
- Your mugshot (I kid, I kid)
- MailChimp Getting Started Emails? Yes.
- Click the Get Started Button
Clicking the Save and Get Started button above presents you with this screen.
- Click the Create A List Button
1.8 Complete List Details for Your New List
- List Name: Your subscribers will see this, so make it something appropriate. Good example: “Acme Company Newsletter”
- Default From Email (It’s also the Email Address people will reply to)
- Default from name for emails sent to this list. (Use something that they will instantly recognize, like your company name)
- Remind people how they got on your list (Example: “You’re receiving this email because you opted in at genesisgoodies.com. ”)
- Verify Your Contact Information is correct (Important with the CAN SPAM Act)
- Choose when you want to be notified of new subscribers
- Click the Save button
1.9 Setup Signup Form
You have your list people can signup to, now you need to create the form on your website for users to signup with
1.11 Embedded Form Code | MailChimp
- Choose Naked – Embedded Form Code
- Copy the code snippet for your form
2. Search for the Genesis eNews Extended Plugin under the Add New Plugins menu
- Hover on the Plugins Menu abd Click Add New
- Click the Search Link
- Type: Genesis eNews Extended into the search query box
- Click the Search Plugins button
3. Add the eNews Extended Widget to Your Website
3.1 Widgets ‹ southerntraditionsinc.com — WordPress
- Fill in the title for your email capture widget
- Enter your text to show above the entry field, explaining the benefit to readers in joining your email list.
- Paste the Form Action from the snippet you copied in MailChimp
- Enter EMAIL into the E-Mail Field If you want users to fill in their first name, enter FNAME in the First Name Field. For users to enter their last name, enter LNAME in the Last name Field.
- If you want, change the Button Text
- Click the Save Button
3.2 And heres your email list signup
This is the Genesis eNews Extended Widget inside the Primary Sidebar using Parallax Pro, the Genesis Child Theme.
4. Having trouble with the tutorial?
Comments are on, just ask Jason a question about troubleshooting this tutorial, in the comments or use the contact form.
Why don’t the error messages show on my site (inline) rather than showing on the MailChimp site?
The inline error messages require your theme use HTML5 to work. If your theme is not built with HTML5, the errors will be displayed on MailChimp.