I’ve iterated my process for getting started with RightMessage down to six steps:
- Connect RightMessage with your email service provider (I use ConvertKit.com).
- Connect your website to RightMessage (My website uses WordPress, so I use the free RightMessage WordPress plugin).
- Plan the first two RightMessage Offers, I default to (Offer 1) joining the free email list with a content upgrade as bait and (Offer 2) the next logical step for your customers.
- Plan the first two Segmentation Questions, starting with 2-3 possible answers for each question. I begin with (Question 1) Who is visiting your website within the context of your business. For instance a veterinarian may have dog owners, cat owners, local farmers, the local humane society as well as local animal rescues. Each will be a potential customer but each has their own needs and priorities. (Question 2) What do they want from the business.
- Where on your website do you want this call to action funnel to show? PRO TIP: If you already have an email list and an associated opt-in form on your website, begin quickly and simply by replacing your current form with this CTA funnel.
- Build the RightMessage CTA Funnel using the RightMessage visual funnel builder and publish the fully functional first version to your website.