Can the registration be a pop up like in this example?
Lori Barr asked this question of me, on the day directly following the Rainmaker Labs update to the Rainmaker Platform.
As of today? Yes.
- BUT you’ll need the Pro version of Rainmaker Platform, which allows you to activate the Rainmaker Labs option.
- Which adds an additional tab to the far right of the Rainmaker Universal Settings.(Universal Settings are found by clicking the gear icon just left of your name in the blue admin bar across the top of your window, when you’re logged into your RM website)
- Scroll down and click the checkbox for:
Popup Notices (Beta)
Enable Popups for Site Notices
This will enable an option in the Site Notices which will allow for notices to be displayed as a popup.
- Then scroll to the bottom and click the blue save button.
This means you can create the pop up but for Lori, we’re adding a checkout form to display in the popup window (technical term: modal window).
Setting up the checkout url in Rainmaker
There isn’t a way to add a RM shortcode for the registration form, so we need to use the iFrame option for the popup.
The URL to add is the checkout URL for the free membership product created in Rainmaker Platform under the Conversion Tab –> Products –> Edit –> Hover over the Product and click the Edit link.
- Create a copy of the Checkout Page (by going to Content –> View All Pages –> hovering over the first checkout page, then clicking Duplicate
- It’ll take you to edit the page created by Duplicating the initial Checkout Page, at which time you’ll want to select the Landing Page Template (Right hand column –> Page Attributes –> Template –> Select Landing from the dropdown –> Click blue Update button)
Here is the Rainmaker shortcode and settings I used:
I was more concerned about sharing this than making it perfect
So PLEASE share your questions, comments, and concerns in the comments or email them to me.